courses in Canada

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 10, 2016
east anglia
Hi there,
I'm planning on a trip to Canada in the summer. I'm looking at a Karamat course in Alberta. Seems to be quite comprehensive (I'm a beginner) but wondering if anyone has any experience of s.where else they could pass on. On speaking with Ray Mears, as you do,( 1 minute as he signed a book), he suggested Ontario as a geographical starting point.
I'd appreciate any ideas. Cheers.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I know some canadian guys who go to Algonquin, and Killarney, all around Ontario. But you would be much better served going on a real course with Mors Kochanski. Something you wont forget, and will give you a real grounding on how to start your own adventures in the boreal forest. Nice Choice mate. Good luck!:)
[Plus his courses are so much cheaper than Mr Mears]

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Another vote for Mors. Especially on the basis that although everyone (including he) has been saying for years that he is on the cusp of retiring for good, and he hasn't yet, it is going to happen at some point! If you are up there and have the chance, grab it. You might get another chance to be in Canada, and another chance to go on a course, but if that is in a few years time you may not have the chance to learn from Mors again.

eraaij

Settler
Feb 18, 2004
Arnhem
Another Mors / Randy Breeuwsma recommendation. I did the Winter Skills Course with Karamat in 2007, best experience ever. Howling Coyotes at freezing nights..

Still thinking about attending the Summer Course.

Aug 10, 2016
east anglia
Thanks for the replies people. I just wanted to hear others saying what I've been thinking.
I'm sure the Yukon trip will be out of this world too!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE