Couple of Pheasant pics

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Trencakey

Nomad
Dec 25, 2012
Cornwall
Disturbed this chap while out in the canoe at the weekend.He did'nt have time to hide away so just froze,I got within a couple of feet before he exploded into flight.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Nice pics.

I've seen a few about lately, we usually get a good number wander through over the season, each year the kids nag me to put some in the freezer :D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Well, its open season guys - get a few clays busted and have at 'em :)

When checking the dates recently I noticed its also open season on coots and moorhens in England and Wales - didn't realise anyone still shot them?

Yep coot's and moorhens are still fair game, their season is the same as for mallard and although I don't make a habit of shooting them they do actually taste very good.
It's sometimes surprising what is on the quarry list, and it want so long ago that along with pheasants and partridges people would have been shooting curlews, lapwing, cappercaillie etc...

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
My dog pegged a moorhen while I was picking up after a pheasant drive. The breast meat - while not very big - was delicious, the skin doesn't taste nice though.

As for pheasants, get em in the pan! I always go for hens if I can. Better than free range chicken.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE