Couple of days away Glamping :)

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
I unashamedly love Glamping :)

There ! I've said it :)

We've just had four nights away for a bit of a shake down before the big one next month and it was great :) weather was good except Friday night when it was gale force winds but the tent and polyester palace stood up to it superbly, given me a lot of confidence in this set up now.

Anyway..........here's some glamping photos :) enjoy :)

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 104
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 106
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 106

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
That certainly is glamping. I've never seen a valance on a camp-bed before :D
Looks a comfy set up. Even got some ducks to amuse the dog.
There's nowt wrong with a bit of comfort.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Very nice set up... only difference with ours is a canvas awning that attaches just above the door and has two metal poles to hold it high at the front... makes for a nice seating area and somewhere to cook.

Much prefer your flooring... we have a huge grey carpet that is a pain to get under the supporting centre pole.

My kids love our glamping trips... and my youngest son for some reason spends most of his time inside doing this....

IMG00432_20110623_2127.jpg

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
:) brilliant :)

just a thought,....why don't you cut your carpet in half ? that way there is no need to get it under the center pole :) or even just a slit from one side to the center ?

Last edited:

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
:) brilliant :)

just a thought,....why don't you cut your carpet in half ? that way there is no need to get it under the center pole :) or even just a slit from one side to the center ?

A slit (especially if I reinforce the edge with a bit of webbing) would do the trick. Good idea Robbi, thank you.

I'll grab a picky of our setup next time we go. We have a double and three single beds, plus a kitchen and a dining area in ours. My other half sets everything out as she likes it, then me and the kids mess it up so we can get shouted at!

Do you put a groundsheet underneath yours? I reckon it saves me about half an hour of cleaning every trip, although we do camp for 5 days plus at a time. Worms have a field day underneath.

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
I've often thought about a ground sheet under the sewn in one but I figure I have to clean something so I might as well save a bit of weight and space and not bother. ....... Still thinking about it though

That last trip out was the best yet, pitched the bell tent on my own in under 15 minutes :) full camp set up in an hour and a half !

Full pack up, from start to drive away including cleaning the ground sheet in under 2 hours, chuffed with that :)

We don't cook in the tent itself as I don't want cooking smells impregnated into the canvas, that's why we have the event shelter as a cooking...eating....sitting....drinking area :). Gives us a lot of space.

Last edited:

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Exactly why we invested in the awning... although more accurately it is probably better described as a canvas tarp. Cooking inside does leave a smell, but when its wet we just make do... we have quite a cool kitchen cabinet that folds away... stores everything and we put the cool box at the side... like a mini kitchen all in itself.

The groundsheet works a treat... light, easy enough to peg down before you erect the tent and as for cleaning... hose pipe when we get home :) Saves the fold over, wait, brush down and wipe that we did before. We can pack up quite quickly which is useful if you want to move from site to site.

Yep, they go up quick and it is so satisfying.

Do you get people coming to your tent all the time btw? We seem to get visitors throughout the day at ours wanting to look around and they always say the same thing "Isn't it big inside!"

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
:). Yep, we get the visitors, especially if we have the chanderlier up :), folks walk by and look in and see the king size double bed, carpets, chandelier and just stop and ask if they can have a look inside , and you're right the comment is always how much room there is.

I reckon I should be an agent for soul pad :)

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
:). Yep, we get the visitors, especially if we have the chanderlier up :), folks walk by and look in and see the king size double bed, carpets, chandelier and just stop and ask if they can have a look inside , and you're right the comment is always how much room there is.

I reckon I should be an agent for soul pad :)

LOL You have the chanderlier as well then? They're superb... I thought they were a bit of a 'hippy' gimmick when my wife produced it and instructed me to lift the central pole up so she could hang it... but that night with a bottle of wine and a game of cards, I learned to love it.

If you get the canvas awning and canvas windbreaker to surround it, you attract even more people. Our first trip out we went without the power hookup, no awning and I used my van as a wardrobe...

IMG00430_20110623_2127.jpg

But next trip out we got the awning, learned it needed the windbreaker. Next trip out we got the solar lights to light up the awning.

Oh, if you haven't already, we bought a raft of those peg lights. On busy campsites they're worth their weight... they light up not only the guidelines, but also the side of the tent. You get the bonus of people not tripping over the lines... and not getting a silhouette performance of what is going on inside the tent to everyone who passes by ;)

Edit... other benefit of the awning, no need for the guideline for the entrance apex... the awning provides the right amount of tension, and it sits on the spike that pokes out from the inner frame.

Last edited:

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Peg lights ? What are they then ? Sounds like I need some of them :) ( got a link ? )

The power hook up is a must, beer and wine cooler, hair drier and various chargers !

Swmbo has now got some bunting !

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Oh no... not the bunting!! LOL

I was laughing when I read your reply. My wife has two rules for camping. Toilet facilities and somewhere to plug in the hair dryer.

I'm not sure where we got the peg lights from... they are yellow and a very thick peg, but you twist them to turn them on and then direct the light towards the lines. I'll have a look at our camping supply haunts, see if I can grab a link.

With the beer cooler, I have no need... I take along two bottles of bourbon, 3 bottles of red wine and a bottle of ginger wine and that suits all occasions. Must admit though, if I over do it on the bourbon, it had been known for me to be relegated to the wardrobe (ie the van) in a vain attempt to combat the sound of my snoring.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE