couple more cross draw draw shwaths for our JD, and the deval bushcrafter

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
I have made another couple of sheaths for our JD, so that his devals have some nice clothes, one has the chicargo verticle adapter, and the other one has the press stud, verticle adapter, they have been dyed with fiebings pro oil dye, and tooled with his name.
hope you like them

cross draw sheath for deval bushcrafter. by lucky_lee, on Flickr

003 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

002 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

004 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

005 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

007 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

009 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

010 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
all comments are welcome.
take care.
lee.

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Lovely Lee, as usual, have grown quite a fan of your work ^^.
but If you dont mind me asking a question, how do you sink in the stitching, do you remove a strip of leather from the top or what, how do you do that and what tools do you use for that?

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Lee, I must say pal, you are one talented craftsman!!! Dont fancy an apprentice do ya lol

Atb
Steve
thanks mate, what i am thinking about doing if I'm honest maybe next year, as i have had a lot of people ask now, is to start doing some leather classes, a bit like me pal is doing duncan, but he is going to do it for kydex, what i was thinking is maybe leather and kydex classes, but would need to gage interest first.
as for an apprenticeship, i have 2 boys, so i suppose they will be mine lol, as me son who is only 6 is really coming on in leaps and bound now, he really impresses me if I'm honest, his tooling is amazing, maybe i should put a few of the bits me son has done up here, he tooled me a lovely bat the other day.
take care.
lee.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
thanks mate, what i am thinking about doing if I'm honest maybe next year, as i have had a lot of people ask now, is to start doing some leather classes, a bit like me pal is doing duncan, but he is going to do it for kydex, what i was thinking is maybe leather and kydex classes, but would need to gage interest first.
as for an apprenticeship, i have 2 boys, so i suppose they will be mine lol, as me son who is only 6 is really coming on in leaps and bound now, he really impresses me if I'm honest, his tooling is amazing, maybe i should put a few of the bits me son has done up here, he tooled me a lovely bat the other day.
take care.
lee.

Sounds fantastic mate!! I wouldlove to learn some skills like that!!! I guess it would prob cost a fair bit to set yourself though? But, having looked recently at doing a leatherwork coarse you can earn decent money for doing it!!
Keep us informed!!
Cheers
Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE