Could someone please measure their Zebra Billy for me?

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Could someone please measure their Zebra Billy for me?

The one I have is 15cm in diameter (EDIT - Since DKW and Scankers posts I’ve re-measured the diameter – I measured across the top, with the slight lip it is just under 15, but measure at the bottom it’s 14 – so I guess I’ve got a 14! Cheers guys.) and 14cm high (to rim of pot, not top of lid) – I don’t remember which one I bought, ie is this a 14 or a 16 cm pot?

I’m trying to find out if there is a bigger pot than mine as I have a Coleman Exponent

100_1274.jpg

which almost perfectly nests in the billy, but needs about a centimetres more high (with the dish removed).

Anyone help with some info? Thanks for reading

Andy

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Not got one to measure, but I've had them in the past. I seem to remember, 16cm is 16cm diameter and about 14cm tall, 14cm is 14cm diameter and about 12 cm tall. That doesn't help you much, except maybe I'd guess you had a 16cm one.

Can you remove the feet from the stove, and come up with some other form of stabilising mechanism? (Assuming you do have a 16cm billy and can't go up).

DKW

Forager
Oct 6, 2008
Denmark
I have a 12 and a 14 cm zebra billy.

Measurements are as follows:

Diameter: 12 and 14 cm respectively (obvious ain't it)

Height measured from bottom to the bulge on the pot itself: 12 and 14 cm respectively

I have just measured them.

scanker

Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Found this old thread in which it states:
140mm dia by 140mm deep. Kind of square only round. :) Inner steamer/plate 40mm deep and fits inside. Nice dependible bit if kit.

Maybe in my numbers, I was thinking of the Zebra kettles and the heights were the fillable heights (makes more sense for the short dimensions).

It still doesn't help with your 15cm diameter. Perhaps it shrunk in the wash?

Edit to add: I was too late. Cheers DKW that makes sense.

DKW

Forager
Oct 6, 2008
Denmark
Woodlore probably.

Thats where i got mine from this week actually. 2 day delivery to Denmark. Impressive!

DKW

Forager
Oct 6, 2008
Denmark
The sizes don't add up on the last link.

I'm telling you, that i am sitting here with the 14 cm. zebra billy can in my hand, aswell as a 12 cm zebra billy, brand new, pulled out of the box yesterday, received that very same day.

They are as high as they are wide. (provided you measure from and to the same spot on both that is.)

However i will leave you lot some room for a quick debate concerning my skills in handling a tapemeasure ;) :D

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
I've got a jetboil myself,self contained in its own 1 litre cup,boils half a litre in 3 mins, windproof,and 1 canister of fuel (which also fits in the cup ) boils 3 litres of water.
Best bit of kit I've ever seen

Gray

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
I've got a jetboil myself,self contained in its own 1 litre cup,boils half a litre in 3 mins, windproof,and 1 canister of fuel (which also fits in the cup ) boils 3 litres of water.

Gray

Yep - got one of them too, but you can't really cook in it, can't brew up for 5 and can't syphon gas out of your bikes petrol tank - cracking kit in it's place though!

scanker

Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales

Gray

Is that correct? 18min runtime from a canister? Seems very inefficient.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Yep, but then you've lost the advantage of it's compactness. I really like them - but only for brewing up for 2 and rat packs.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE