Corinthia Defence 4

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 16, 2016
Just bought one

I was expecting something with an outer shell that appeared to the eye to be more waterproof.

Has anyone had any practical experience as to how waterproof the bag is?

Also, I know it compresses well and its been a while, but... It appears to be almost the same size as the last army doss bag. Or is that just me?

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Not many sleeping bags are made of waterproof material, if they were the condensation (and subsequent reduction in insulation) would probably make them pretty ineffective. If you want to stay dry sleep in tent or under a tarp or worst case use a bivi bag.

Any 4 season synthetic bag is bound to be bulky, if you need a small size and weight go for down. We buy synthetic because it is cheaper and easier to care for at the expense of being more bulky.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
I used one for about 6 months straight, had the odd spill on it which shook off, as said, not waterproof, just resistant as far as I know at least.

Jan 3, 2016
Buckinghamshire
Defence 4. Top bag, been using one for a while. They're not total water proof... but there is a decent amount of water resistance. From dew, condensation, heavy mist, and slight drizzle for short periods it holds up fine, has done for me. It's a reliable bag. I have the Tropen bag too. Carinthia are the Snizz.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Judging by how difficult it is for me to get it back into the stuff sack due to it 'billowing' and filling up with air, I'd say the manufacturers claim that that surface fabric has a waterproof and breathable microporus coating to be correct.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
The bag itself is very water resistant, but only to a point. Best used with a bivvy bag if you need some real waterproofing. Im not a huge fan of these bags since as has been said their a pain to stuff away.

Tonyuk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE