Coppicing work experience opportunity

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ganstey

Settler
Hopefully this is in a suitable forum, but if not then would a Mod please move it somewhere more appropriate.

There is an opportunity to spend some of the early part of this year working with a Gloucestershire-based professional coppice worker. Here is what Brian says:
I'm looking for someone interested in some coppice work-experience between now and March. Probably only two or three weeks in total, but I can be quite flexible in how it's done - all in one go; two days a week, that sort of thing.Can only offer board and lodging, but lots of on-the-job experience and training.

Know anyone who might be interested?

Brian.

Brian (Williamson) is one of the professional coppice workers working at Westonbirt, The National Arboretum. He has been on TV quite a bit recently, having been one of the team coppicing the ancient Lime at Westonbirt, and also helping Kevin McCloud with his Man-Made Shed. I don't know much more about this opportunity than what is above, but if anyone has any specific questions I can ask. His website is http://westcountrycoppice.co.uk/

Hope this is of interest to someone
Graham

ganstey

Settler
I have messaged Brian for more details on the location. He can offer board & lodgings if this helps. My guess is that it will either be in Stroud, or at Westonbirt Arboretum on the Glos/Wilts border. I'll post when I have an answer.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE