Container for cooking oil

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mrbarfly29

Feb 9, 2013
Shropshire
I hope this post's in the right place, someone on here posted about the new "Robinsons squashed" squeezy fruit cordials, they come in a small black squeezy container designed for pockets, handbags etc... pretty much for E.D.C., I'm not keen on the one i tried (apple & blackcurrent) as it tasted strongly of sweetener, but the container itself is fantastic for carrying oil in your cook kit, and because its squeezy it's quite controllable.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
That's a great idea!!! Will have to look at those!! I normally just use a small nalgene type bottle!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
I wish Barn Owl had saw this a few weeks back !:p He had two small plastic bottles ,one for cooking oil and one for washing up liquid !Guess which one got used for our fry up? And we ate it without knowing was the worst tasting sausages ever .

Last edited:

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I wish Barn Owl had saw this a few weeks back !:p He had two small plastic bottles ,one for cooking oil and one for washing up liquid !Guess which one got used for our fry up? And we ate it without knowing was the worst tasting sausages ever .

:lmao::lmao:

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
Did the carbon stick to the sausages though?
Wee robinsons bottles are unique shape, helps avoid any misunderstanding.

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
I use these but keep them upright in my billie no problems yet.they're homatherapy bottles designed for oil.
messeges me your address and you're welcome to a couple
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1399219128893.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1399219128893.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 19

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I tried this out at the weekend, the squashd squeezy bottle worked really well for olive oil. Absolutely perfect. Thank you for the heads up.

If only the contents were actually drinkable, the orange and peach one wasn't very nice. They are an expensive if you buy them just for the container.

Julia

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~

To save any confusion when I'm out it's why I insist that the wife only buys green washing up liquid :rolleyes:

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
That reminds me of the only other downside. Being black it's hard to write on the pot to label it. Which is a slight shame.

J

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE