Conquer the Advocado

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
I grew a plant for years as a kid but it never managed to grow any fruit. Well done!

I just add a dollop of mayonaise then eat it right out of the skin. They have amazing nutritional stats, yet they are frequently just described as "High Fat".

They are the favourite food of Joanna Lumley: Somehow the sound of her voice saying "avocado pear" and the texture of the and flavour of the fruit have become inextricably linked in my mind...

Z

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Bacon and avocado sandwiches! I'm with Harvestman on this (bar the marmite/peanut butter debate where we're polar opposites). Bacon pretty much makes anything taste nice, and if you grill the avocado with a little sesame oil and on a nice sourdough bread with a few leaves and some shredded beetroot. Oh! (ever add in a fried egg!)
f33d586845b9b0e7f457815152570d09.jpg

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Well , 1st experiment in , By itself very bland and lacking flavour - however my sweet tooth has found a use.

Mush up the avocado ( blitz would be better ) , small drop of honey , small dollop of Greek Yoghurt , Spoon of Drinking chocolate - Instant Choccy desert.

I could almost see it replacing the ganache filling in a nice sponge as well as it has that creamy smoothness to it. Does need a stronger flavour added to it however.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
.....I just add a dollop of mayonaise then eat it right out of the skin. They have amazing nutritional stats, yet they are frequently just described as "High Fat". .....

They are "high fat" but it's supposedly the "good" fat. I like guacamole as a substitute for either salad dressing or a sub for mayo on sandwiches.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE