Comrie Croft meet up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Hello all?
It's been a good few years since my last meet up at Comrie Croft.

Would anyone be interested in having a reasonable sized get together/ kit swap session in Comrie Croft?

I'm thinking something in December time as it stands? Though we could always do one sooner.

All the best
Andy

Dogoak

Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
You're right Andy, it's been a while. The was a bushcrafty buy sell swap meet a couple of years ago or so.
December may be quite busy for a lot of folks?

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I'm moving back to Glasgow in October, any time after that really.

I'm glad there is some interest. :)
Andy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think it's a good idea, just mind how long it's dark at that time of year, and it's in the Highlands, there's not a lot of plant growth around apart from pine trees then.

If there are numbers though, it might be worth seeing if the hall could be hired again. It makes a great base for craft workshops, and since there's light and heat in the evening there, then it extends the time and range of things folks can try/learn/demonstrate.

M

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
My offshore work schedule is all over the place at the minute and I've no holiday left to take for the rest of the year. Best I can do at the minute is about 3 weeks notice which I guess is too short for most folks?

I wouldn't mind taking the mobile forge up again. Though things have advanced somewhat since the days of the tesco BBQ and length of rail track.

Andy.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Three weeks is fine late on in the year. There'll be some who can't make it, but Comriecroft's pretty central. It's still a fair drive, but y'know ? it's a jaunt out and a meet up with like minded folks. Worth it :D

M

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I'd like to get up there if this goes ahead, i haven't been camping up at Comrie Croft since the last time i attended the Hairy Coo MTB race (before my back troubles).

Incase anyone was wondering i crashed and had to retire after my second lap (didn't help having to pedal past the pub/cafe)

Me crashing at Comrie Croft Hairy Coo

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

good times, only took a fortnight to recover from the shoulder injury and the whack to the head that split my helmet

Attachments

• 407712_468920786493079_9261503_n.jpg
    407712_468920786493079_9261503_n.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 207
  • Over the Top.jpg
    Over the Top.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 208
  • First Contact.jpg
    First Contact.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 209

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
It was one of those stupid crashes all my own fault for going over the obstacle too slowly and my front wheel getting caught in a rut, i was so tired from climbing the hill i didn't have the energy to hit it with speed and manual off the top so i tried to roll down it keeping my weight back and we can all see how well that plan went, i say if you are gonna crash at least have the decency to do it in front of the official event photographer

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Hope you weren't too sore afterwards mate that looked nasty. :eek:

Sounds like we're gathering steam. I'm rather looking forward to it. :)

All the best
Andy

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Currently offshore. The move will be happening when I get back in a week. I'm well and truly up for it. Got some kit sorted and ready for when I need it.

As per my last post the best I can give is 3 weeks notice. Though assuming I get a reasonable schedule for the next few weeks I'd say rough dates would be the first or second weekend in December. at a guess.
Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE