Compso

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alfredo

Settler
Oct 25, 2009
ITALY (ALPS)
Hi all,
would like to introduce you my new project: COMPSO.
COMPSO it's a small fixed blade that will be available both skeletonized and with handles

We worked whit Fox Knives to obtain a small knife light and compact, but also robust (tickness 3 mm).
We would like also an ergonomic shape (this is why the finger groover and the double scallops i.e.).
I choose a spear-point blade, polivalent as far as possible, so the false grind scandi.
Kydex sheath is made in USA.
We choose for COMPSO the Sandvik 12C27 steel (58-60 hrc), in fact we wanted a knife good for sea and wet environment if needed.

The name COMPSO is by-name Compsognathus longipes, a small, smart, ferocious dino who lived around shores and lagoon in Europe, Giurassic era

Hope do you like it, ciao
Alfredo

Alfredo

Settler
Oct 25, 2009
ITALY (ALPS)
Thats a lovely, and very useful looking piece. When are you taking orders?

Thanks, mate. COMPSO will be available in Autumn, I can't take orders as I'm just the designer of the knife, production is by Fox Knives here in Italy. I guess in UK they will be available next Heinnie Haines.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Fox knives you say? Well I think I'll keep an eye out for them. Nice looking knife.

On a side matter Alfredo, can you let me know what other Fox knives you designed or helped to design? I like your style.

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
Fox knives you say? Well I think I'll keep an eye out for them. Nice looking knife.

On a side matter Alfredo, can you let me know what other Fox knives you designed or helped to design? I like your style.

Agreed on the style point, rare to find a designer that can blend aesthetics with functionality. Kudos indeed mate.

Alfredo

Settler
Oct 25, 2009
ITALY (ALPS)
interesting knife that. may i ask why skeletonized? not something i have much experience with so i would be interested in your answer

Hi, sorry for the late reply.
A skeletonized knife is slim and light, so you may wear it as a neck knife easier. Anyway the Compso will be available also whit handles ;-)

Alfredo

Settler
Oct 25, 2009
ITALY (ALPS)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE