compass images

evening all
i have in mind a tattoo i want to get and want to include an old style compass like the sort of thing that appeared in the edge of maps that had the phrase here be dragons on them.
however i cant for the life of me find any and was hoping one of you fine individuals might be able to help?
thanks in advance
Sam

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
evening all
i have in mind a tattoo i want to get and want to include an old style compass like the sort of thing that appeared in the edge of maps that had the phrase here be dragons on them.
however i cant for the life of me find any and was hoping one of you fine individuals might be able to help?
thanks in advance
Sam

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2716094&l=73b9946991&id=277701121

my buddhist tattoo that i got from a monk in thailand at the temple wat bang phra. it is a magic compasses that gives travelers protection in whatever direction they may be headed. im an expedition manager so its kinda handy....

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
i really like tattoos and have done a lot of research regarding the tribal anthropology of tattoos. even got them from tribes in borneo.

its a nice idea to get a compass done.

just be on the safe side. find a design that you want. and then wait a while, if it still looks good in a few months / years then do it!

prob teaching you to suck eggs but might as well be said by someone. ]

o, and they do hurt! haha!

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
That's a great idea for a tatt'.

Make sure you put a pic up when it's done Sam.

Some crackers in the links.

just be on the safe side. find a design that you want. and then wait a while, if it still looks good in a few months / years then do it!
prob teaching you to suck eggs but might as well be said by someone. ]

o, and they do hurt! haha!

I've got three already and this one has been bubbling away in my head for a good two years!
Very good advice all the same :) i have seen some absolutely horrrific tattoo's that were clearly not thought out properly first :rolleyes:

as for the image its actually only part of the tattoo i've got in mind but it will be an integral part of it and want to make sure I have the right one that will fit well with it
I'll post photo once I've got it done

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
i cant work out how to post photos or i would have posted mine, apparently it says i dont have those privileges. no idea how you get them.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It's pretty much the same as HF but you still need to host the pics somewhere like p'bucket or imageshack first

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
too lazy... really am.... i shouldnt even be at the comp. i should be doing fitness at getting ready for the next exped. just cant be bothered recently. haha. i need a shave and a haircut for starters. aye, wo is me!

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
40777_555737218778_277701121_2716094_5635861_n.jpg

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Would it not be better to have it somewhere that you can see it ? So you don't get lost :D

Maybe on the palm of your hand would be pretty good Sam ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE