Come rain or shine

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Warm or cold, which do you prefer ???

• Tough as old boots me, colder the better

Votes: 24 23.3%
  • More of a fair weather camper, don`t do rain !

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Long summer days for me, hotter the better

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Don`t really mind, just love to be out there

Votes: 69 67.0%

• Total voters

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
Cold is fine by me as long as I can get warm. As for bushcrafting, I much prefer to sleep out from Late Spring to Mid Autumn. I find it really hard to get to sleep when my nose is really cold and I strongly dislike burying my head in my sleeping bag as I start to feel suffocated. I tend to retire to my brick cave (aka House) during the winter months and limit my outdoor activities to days only.

Saying that, I could stay out if I had to, we used to stay out a lot during winter when I was a kid but I much prefer the warmth at night and a 15 tog duvet.

I love it when it rains, just chillin under a tarp listening to the rain and then the beautiful freshness of the colours afterwards is better than a massage for relaxing the body and freeing the mind.
I'm not a fan of getting soggy when I'm going to be sleeping outdoors it is uncomfortable and you can get very cold very quickly even in the middle of Summer if you aren't careful.

Nevertheless I still love getting out there and I do get a touch stir-crazy if I don't at least go for a walk in the woods during Winter :)

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Not bothered by the cold, snows fine, its just rain that I am not dead keen on.

Sometimes too much sun can get a big much as well, to hot.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
If it's too hot, find some cold water to jump in. When it's cold you can't beat the feeling of warmth from layers and a fire while you breath the air at its freshest. :cool:

Having said that, at -6 in my hammock last week, I got very cold toes after I'd slipped to my usual toes-above-head position! :(.

TallMikeM

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2005
Hatherleigh, Devon
so who was out and about yesterday? T'was a great day to be out, almost cold enough to make it fun!!!:D
Apparently we're due a cold winter this year, mmmm cold weather.:cool:

malcolmc

Forager
Jun 10, 2006
Wiltshire
www.webwessex.co.uk
There’s a walkers saying in Scotland; if the weather looks fine, take a coat, if not, don’t bother.

One advantage us civvies have over service types is we can look at the weather and decide not to travel. If I feel the weather could be a threat I will say put. When I do travel I’m prepared for a change in the weather (that why my kit weighs too much:D ).

Preference is for nice dry warm calm conditions; don’t often get that though.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
so who was out and about yesterday? T'was a great day to be out, almost cold enough to make it fun!!!:D
Apparently we're due a cold winter this year, mmmm cold weather.:cool:

There were beautiful frosts in the morning around us, (which is pretty close to you) but I didn't get out 'til the afternoon for a bimble. Even the baby enjoyed the cold air, wrapped in 20 layers and on my back for 2hrs.:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE