Combat Chefs

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
You realise of course chaps that the Andy Capps Commandos catering course is the hardest one to pass, no one has passed it yet! It takes great skill for a chef to take the best and freshest of ingredients and screw it up to the level they do.

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
A long time ago I was on a course at Borden in Hampshire which I think was where the old style Catering Corps used to have assessment tests of some sort. The first week the grub was fantastic!! Stuffed our faces and had trouble getting round the run in the mornings. Second week all over, back to normal, pie and beans out of Norwegians on the ranges and straight down the chinky in the evenings..:D

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Oh lovely Borden and Alten, brings back wonderful memories for me when I run over the colonels staff car in a chieftan. I only got 21 days ROPs for it too, and driving round the heath in all manor of AFVs getting soaked and cold oh yes I remember the place fondly. If the world was ever ill, that's the place they'd stick the anenema for sure.

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
it takes years of practice to burn beans or make custard with salt.
Still bring a smile to my face when the slopo was asked what was in the curry and all he said was "meat" ;-)

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Meat..good answer..:) My oppo, who's nickname was 'Cabbage' by the way, ;) had a theory that only way we would get through what the lunatic PTI from 3 Para had lined up for us was...shortbread! genuine Scottish shortbread....Cabbage was a Dundee man..he got us a big square tin from the NAFFI...each!! I'm still here so it must have worked...just..:D :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE