Coleman stove problem

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Coleman peak one feather 442 stove seems to be leaking under the burner.
When I try to pressurise it it seems very difficult to pressure (stiff) I have had the stove a while but not really used it bit it did work???
Any ideas?
Obviously I will not be using it as it would be a fireball!
Dave

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
you could empty the tank then presurise it and hold it under water and look for bubbles.
probably the best way to find a leak

pete

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Same problem with mine I replaced the rubber on the pump and it presseurised but!! then it caught fire from the valve ..

Quite funny realy it was just as the neighbout came around and he is in the fire brigade! I told him I was trying to make him feel at home.. he funnily didnt believe me.
Moral of the story dont play with old burners get it fixed or ditch it ..

Simon

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
yeah it should be fairly hard because of the pressure, it will get harder the more pumps you do but it is a fairly smooth action. you are opening the pump right? you turn it once anticlockwise

pete

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Colemans seem to run fine for a while but once they have went funny as mentioned above, its better to ditch it, i have played with loads and have about 5 broken ones on the shed i kept over the years for spare parts but, when they are gone they are gone. Stopped buying them and got a pocket rocket and ghillie kettle as replacements

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Colemans seem to run fine for a while but once they have went funny as mentioned above, its better to ditch it, i have played with loads and have about 5 broken ones on the shed i kept over the years for spare parts but, when they are gone they are gone. Stopped buying them and got a pocket rocket and ghillie kettle as replacements

I'll take the broken ones off you and fix them up rather than see them go to waste?

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
I have had a similar problem in the past and it was the generator, the rod which goes over the burner (Brass) and fits to the valve. What happens is the thing gets clogged and doesn'tfeed the fuel properly and you get an excess of fuel which looks like a leak.

i've had mine 25 years and it still works, just needs TLC.

hope this of some help

D:beerchug:

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Will have a fettle....... maybe go back to the old mans stove parrafin seems safer!
All I want really is a brew in the morning so I dont have to light a fire.
D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE