Coleman Raid 2 Tent?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 15, 2006
Nil
raid.jpg

I'm thinking about buying one of these to replace my Vango TBS Micro 100, which I'm now finding a bit too small.

Vango_Micro_TBS_100.jpg

The Raid 2 being a 2 person tent and about half the weight of the Vango looks like a good bet. Anyone out there got one / had one and got any comments about them?

Yeoman

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
After doing a bit more research and marking out the footprint of the Raid 2 on the sitting room floor, it turns out that it's not much bigger than my Vango! If it's a 2 person tent, then the 2 persons must be small people or VERY friendly!

I'll stick with the Vango for the time being until I find something bigger and lighter and not too expensive.

..................and before anyone says "Tarp," my tarp and bivvy bag weigh more than the tent!

Yeoman

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
wow!

I'm 5"11 (near as dammit 6ft) and average build and i use the Vango TBS Micro 200 (circa 2002/4)which is a pretty good tent, it's seen me through winter in the peaks and lake district, serious storms and heavy snowfall!
a great little tent, but i would say even the 200 is a bit small for me!, i usually sleep diagonally across it or my forehead or toes touch the inner!

much better for a shorter person but i'm happy to keep using it i trust it wholeheartedly! :You_Rock_

how do you fit in a Vango TBS micro100? :confused:

i quite liked the idea of the Vango micro 300 with the two doors because it's now older it may be really cheap!

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
I'm 6' 1" and the length of the tent isn't the problem, it's the lack of space to fit my bergen in along with me. The inner tent is 220cm long, which is ok, but the max width is only 110cm.

I'd like to be able to sit upright as well, but there's no chance of that with a max inner ridge height of 85cm.

I suppose what I want is a few extra inches all round and a bit less weight - I'm talking tent size here............no smutty comments! :nono:

Yeoman

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
Between the two, I'd go for the Vaude Ferret - even though its twice the price of the Vango Tempest - because it's a lot lighter. Also, the porch may be a little smaller, but the inner tent seems to have more useable space, with a bit more headroom too.

Vaude

vaude-ferret1UL.gif

Vango

VANGTempest200.jpg

Yeoman

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
Surrey Yeoman,

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking more of this version of the Ferret
vaude_ferret1.jpg

Same dimensions but it's 2lb heavier, but I quite like the idea of the side door/porch.

Anyone else have this tent? Does the extra 2lbs (Total 3.1kgs) make a difference?

Cheers

Pablo

beamdune

Oct 14, 2005
Manchester
I can hardly keep my credit card in my wallet. Just seen this offer.

Terra Nova Solar 2 - available from direct from terra Nova website http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/epages/...0b2afee2741ac10014006bb/Product/View/O43S2GA#

End of line - used grade A £150

Just checked and apparently grade A means it's been pitched indoors only. Allegedly weighs in at 2.65kg and is a 4 season season tent. My friend has one of these and paid a lot more than that (rrp just short of £300)

I used to own a Wild Country Mistral which is a similar size but heavier. Room enough for 2 inside (inner just fits 2 full length mats side by side), kit in porch. A mini mansion for 1 with all you stuff inside the inner.

Another option, the Vango TBS Spirit 200 Lite. Similar size to the Ferret. £129 from http://www.postfreeoutdoorgear.co.uk/acatalog/Vango_TBS_Spirit_200_Lite_Tent.html (which is actually Nevis Sports). 2.25kg.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE