Cold Steel Super Edge

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Cold Steel Super Edge

Probably wont find much in the way of support or interest here but has anyone got one or had one?

super edge.jpg

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
I had something very much like that when I was younger, I didn't get on well with it. But I have a combination serration/plain folder that is brilliant and such a surprise.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I had something very much like that when I was younger, I didn't get on well with it. But I have a combination serration/plain folder that is brilliant and such a surprise.

The Super Edge seems to get good reviews for a general little carry knife. Seems quite capable at cutting fibrous material.

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
The Super Edge seems to get good reviews for a general little carry knife. Seems quite capable at cutting fibrous material.
I am not saying it would not be good for that, but Serrations on a knife are a targeted use. The one thing that is really good, is the Serrations are on that side of the blade, and not on the other.

If you are right handed, the Serrations guide carving of wood very well, and some of the fastest feather sticks I have done has been with my combi edge folder. Try it, if right handed.

I'll post a few pictures of what I mean on the weekend

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I am not saying it would not be good for that, but Serrations on a knife are a targeted use. The one thing that is really good, is the Serrations are on that side of the blade, and not on the other.

If you are right handed, the Serrations guide carving of wood very well, and some of the fastest feather sticks I have done has been with my combi edge folder. Try it, if right handed.

I'll post a few pictures of what I mean on the weekend

That ok Gra - I get what you are saying , this isn't my first rodeo :)

I meant more a general cut harder materials away from the bushcraft scene - general utility type knife.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Kinda reminds me of the old Kitchen Devils range of knives and the guys who demonstrated them in the markets and shows slicing tomatoes and all that.

Reactions: TeeDee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE