Cold Steel Hawk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
You did a great job with that Pignut. Reading the comments about them is swaying my mind towards getting one. :)
What suprised me was that it's held on with a grubnut as well. I would have thought that the friction fit ought to have been enough with that added bit as well.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
You did a great job with that Pignut. Reading the comments about them is swaying my mind towards getting one. :)
What suprised me was that it's held on with a grubnut as well. I would have thought that the friction fit ought to have been enough with that added bit as well.

Friction alone is enough, I have taken the grub screw out now!

If I need to replace the handel whilst out and about I probably wont have an alan key with me!

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Sorry I meant fixing the antler onto the end of the handle, not the handle onto the head.
I assumed you had butted the antler against the end of the handle - is that the case?

Cheers

Mark

Doh!!!!!

I cut the end off the handle to make it flat, then drilled both the antler and handle to accomodate a dowel screw, drilled a hole in a piece of leather for a spacer and epoxy and screwed the whole lot together!

If that makes sence

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
OK, as I thought.
Planning on having a go at something similar myself.
Have you tried it in earnest with the extention? Is there any movemement at all?

Thanks

Mark

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Had a good bash with it at the W/E and it has shown no movement or cracks/damage of any kind

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Are you going to the moot?
We can compare moccs and hawks!
Can't miss us, we're the ones with the indian headress hanging next to the tepi!

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Partly,
but the thread is about hawks and then we're talking moccs.
We'll be onto dream catchers and peace pipes before long!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE