Cold pillow needed !

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
i sleep very hot and my head just boils ! I'm always waking up to turn over the pillow trying to find a cool / dry bit, is there such a thing as a pillow that stays cool ( even if it was water filled, i'd still boil it !! )

anyone else have this ? got any answers ?

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Know the feeling mate! bloody horrible tryignt o sleep during a hot night, specially considering our inexperience with them! ;)

I really don't know about what pillows are colder, maybe an ice pack?

One tip I can give though is if a hot night is predicted, don't drink! alchohol will thin your blood and make your limbs/extremeties hotter (but lowering your core temp) and that means warmer head/pillow!

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Quality Cotton pillow cases, not synthetic. Fresh, and if possible, crease free. A firm pillow and plenty of room. Then don't fidget. Lay as still as you can. When it's warmer I tend to sleep half in and half out, one leg on top, and one leg under the duvet. This seems to regulate the temperature well.

Try to keep you pulse points aired and cool.

Vulpes

Nomad
Nov 30, 2011
Cahulawassee River, Kent
I understand completely...got the fan on all night at the moment, because this room+computer+poor insulation= oven.

It might sound mad, but I'm actually looking forward to the autumn... Everything calms down and as soon as the cold snap comes, most people don't want to leave their beds. Nothing like a good walk on a frosty morning!

Syrio

Aug 14, 2012
Midlands
It's rather difficult to keep a pillow cool.

It is a lot easier to use a plastic icepack (you can get them in thin plastic pouches) and wrap a towel around it then either use it or take it off and use it after its been cooled.

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
i do all of that except keeping still......i thrash around in my sleep something awfull !

even got to the point where i emptied the draw from the bedside cupboard, turned it upside down and used that as a pillow ! not very comfy !

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Try sleeping during the day mate, bright lights, hotter and you wake up when the 80 millionth take away menu is posted through he door and the dog goes ape.

I have found having a 2nd pillow on the floor to swap out for the wet / creased one works well especially if your able to put it within reach of the fan.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE