Coconuts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Yeah but I think the OP is about fragments (after the coconut's been cracked to get to the meat) That limits uses a bit. I wonder if there's any nutritional value to be gained from the shells? Tea? Ground into something else?

You can use c. shell in your brass shell cleaning machine.

Pieces have a limited use. Tengu, next time try not to break the shell. You can extract the meat by cutting a triangular hole between the eyes.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida

Pieces have a limited use. Tengu, next time try not to break the shell. You can extract the meat by cutting a triangular hole between the eyes.

That's a trick I'd like to see; it can be hard enough prying the meat from a sliver unless it's dried (over-ripe) Easy enough to get the coconut milk through the eyes though.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida

I hadn't thought of that. A sub for walnut shells.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE