Cob bread oven workparty

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
If the weather holds and its not tipping down with rain, then we will be constructing a cob oven on saturday 4th Sept at the Egerton site near Ashford. All are welcome! We will feed you with hot smoked sausages inna bun, plus the usual tea and coffee.
This day will involve digging quantities of Clay from the stream and puddling it with straw to make the cob, which will then be formed into small loaf sized bricks and arranged around a sand former. IT WILL BE MESSY. Puddling involves stamping up and down in the clay and straw to thoroughly mix them. Bring a shovel, bring a towel hehe. It will be fun! Wild camping is available on the site for those that want to stay over. Please contact me for more details.

Last edited:

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
bahhhhh, wish I'd seen this before I made plans for tomorrow! we're doing one down the scout hall and it could be good for a trial run!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE