Clove oil..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
.. was mentioned in a recent thread and I have heard before of its use in relieving toothache..

I have 2 questions:

1, Can you just keep dabbing it on as needed or is there a 'maximum doseage'?

2, Are there any other uses for it?

cheers

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Just from personal experience , it was recommended to me once for toothache and i applied it directly to the area , and to be honest i think the fact it was the most revolting thing i have ever tasted ! probably took my mind off my tooth, and boy does that taste ever linger , sorry not much help but it had to be said .

Now i know where the saying " left a nasty taste in my mouth " came from , never ever again !!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Oil of cloves is an aquired taste....:)
I have also found that it can actually kill the surface of the gum, which sloughs away, if you apply too much.
The oil has been used in cooking and cosmetics as well as medicinally and (if you like the smell) you can use it to infuse woodcarvings for them to perfume your sock drawer...

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
I've used it (Oil of Cloves). Dipped one of those cotton wool bud things into it and applied to tooth...Not impressed really with the result, only seemed to help a little and bit like Ivan, I thought something had crawled into my mouth and died.:p I was a long way from help but luckily the old crunched up Aspirin trick helped so it was stand down on the nasty Clove oil remedy..:)

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I bought some Indonesian Clove cigarettes - (Kritek) - work great on toothache!

However, Anbesol works better (NOTE - NOT ANUSOL!!), or crushing an aspirin around the tooth.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE