Climbing tape offthe reel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
There are a shed load around the peak district national park but most are by sheffield. The outdoors shop in hathersage is always a good one especially as it's right down the road from some top climbing AND they do good bacon butties!

it's well worth checking out halfords though ;o)

I found climbing tape too inflexible.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
I found climbing tape too inflexible.

Yeah, gotta agree with you there - too inflexible, too bulky, too heavy, too expensive. ;) You don't need to be able to catch a 50-foot leader fall on your hammock tapes.

I know Eric (Methven) used to have a reel of 1-inch webbing that was absolutely ideal... Might be worth dropping him a PM.

tinderbox

Forager
Feb 22, 2007
East Lothian
First may I say that Needlesport offer an excellent service. I buy all my tape and cord from them because they state up front its strength rating and that can be difficult to get from other shops. (usual disclaimers).

Having experience of a few of the products on that page I wouls suggest that the Beal tubular tape looks a good bet. It is plenty strong enough to account for exponential rate of tension created by a tight strung hammock and allow for abrasion. It's also much more pliable than most climbing tapes. It's also wide enough to reduce wear on the berk of tree.

fast celt

Forager
Aug 9, 2005
West Yorkshire
Thanks for all the replies, I've ordered 12 metres from Needlesport mail order as recomeded by Tinderbox (Beal tubular tape):D
So my Magic Kelly hammock system should be all sorted out with new cords in time for my trip to Scotland in 3 weeks.:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE