Clikstand Pots

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
I'm currently using the pots from my Trangia 27 with my Clikstand. I'm looking for the general consensus on what everyone uses for a replacement lightweight pot/pots or kettle. For my purposes it needs to fit inside the wind break as otherwise all the heat disappears into the Scottish skies. A lid is needed and if it fits all the bits of the Clikstand even better.
Does the MSR Ti kettle work? Is the Snowpeak 900 the right size? Am I missing out on some unknown combo?

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
I use a crusader mug, with lid. The whole set up with a NATO bottle fits in an army pouch (not sure which one). I used to do it with the clickstand wind screen but have upgraded to a DIY foul one made out of a disposable Barbecue.

I will post pictures shortly (I would be quicker coming to your house but then everyone would not see :rolleyes: )

MagiKelly

Okay back from taking pictures. Here is the pouch with everything inside.

clickstand1.jpg

And here with the top open.

clickstand2.jpg

Below is almost everything inside the pouch. Water in bottle, bottle in cup. Clickstand in poly back with bent bits of coat hanger (sits behind the cup in the pouch). Windshield made of foil from barbecue ( Folded fits in front of pouch) Spork, not in picture, goes next to wind shield. Lid and trangia on top. There is also a lighter and a firesteel in the lid of the pouch.

clickstand3.jpg

Here you can see the bits of coathanger I have cut and bent to use with the clickstand so it will support the cup.

clickstand4.jpg

Here is the whole set up with the cup and wind shield in place. Notice the wind shield comes almost to the top of the cup which means the most heat is directed at the cup. The difference between this and the original clickstand wind shield is considerable.

clickstand5.jpg

And here with the windshield moved to the side to let you see what is going on.

clickstand6.jpg

Hope that helps

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Danceswithhelicopters said:
I'm currently using the pots from my Trangia 27 with my Clikstand. I'm looking for the general concensus on what everyone uses for a replacement lightweight pot/pots or kettle. For my purposes it needs to fit inside the wind break as otherwise all the heat disappears into the scottish skies. A lid is needed and if it fits all the bits of the Clikstand even better.
Does the MSR Ti kettle work? Is the Snowpeak 900 the right size? Am I missing out on some unknown combo?
I use the MSR titanium kettle and it works fine with a windshield, pouch and setup very similar to Magikelly's. My windshield is several folds of bacofoil, but I have to say that light as titanium is, I doubt that penny for penny, it is any better than the crusader cup.
I'd post pics but I am in the process of testing home made bailey's Irish cream to destruction. :eek:

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
What did you use as a lid for the canteen cup? I have almost the exact same setup for my CF issue canteen cup and the kidney stove that fits under for trioxane tablets. But I'm unable to get a full boil because I have no lid for the canteen. Do you have a good idea of what I could use to make a lid?

Thanks mate,

Adam

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Or cardboard covered in tinfoil as I have. The cardboard is simple to stiffen the foil and can be easily disposed off if damaged or used as tinder if need in an emergence.

I use the BCB cooker unit that matchs the crusader mug so it's a bit slower I find even with meths.

James

MagiKelly

You can use it will the army one but the burner goes underneath the clickstand rather than on it. I would however recommend the civi burner as it heats up quicker. You can get the burner for £10 new complete with simmer ring so not too big an investment.

The Clickstands used to be sold by BearclawBushcraft but they are not on their site anymore. Might be worth dropping Gary an email and asking him if he still has them.

Anyway, I thought you were converted to a jetboil now :)

soa_uk

Forager
Jul 12, 2005
Highlands
MagiKelly said:
You can use it will the army one but the burner goes underneath the clickstand rather than on it....

The Clickstands used to be sold by BearclawBushcraft but they are not on their site anymore. ...
Anyway, I thought you were converted to a jetboil now :)

Sad. I've outed myself as a kit junky :D

Nah, different kit different days.

I think the jetBoil is the beesknees for brewups (OK, apart from when you *forget* to lock the mouthpiece on your hydration bladder, and fill your pack, soak SWMBO's coat and have about 4 inches of water in the rear seat...
which is why I'm getting some new water containers [trying a nalgene flask and 58 Waterbottle]).

For bombproofness(?) I'd guess the Trangia will do nicely. I'm no longer the sort of guy who does ultralight sprints and sleeps on 1/4" Ensolite pads, so I'm not so concerned about the weight of the Swedish Cookset [Just, you know, I have this spare burner... etc. I might try and mimic Hoodoo's setup, 3 slot together bits...

dchinell

Tenderfoot
Oct 11, 2004
Sarasota, Florida, USA
I'm not sure I've got your requirements right, but I use the Evernew 0.9L titanium pot. The ClickStand rig fits into this like it was designed to. In fact, I think it was. That's the pot featured on the ClickStand home page.

I have a cut-down spoon that goes inside the pot. A small dishrag plus plastic bags filled with coffee and creamer just about fill up the remaining space.

In addition to this, I use a plastic mug with no handle but with a thin foam insulating cover around it. Inside the mug I slip a small pop bottle filled with methanol.

That's my entire kitchen for almost any length of stay in the forest.

Bear

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE