clicky step counter thing...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Try Axminster

TM4_l.jpg

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
I got my pedometer in a sports shop, is that what you mean. Was like a fiver, I think.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Tom, I think a pedometer is a device which you set with the length of your stride and it counts the swing of each step and therefore works out distance traveled. The clicky thing is just a device to ........ well count stuff (bouncers on nightclub doors wouldn't call them pedometers). Many people use beads on a length of paracord and count in 10s.

Bill

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
oh right... well then get a pedometer like mine because mine does what bill said.. but also you can set it just to count your steps, and it goes click to (thats where i got confused)

leon-1

Some people call them pacers, in the end they are a device that aids the user to remember where they have counted upto.

They are not bad, but as Tenbears10 said you can get away with using beads on cord (a method that is used a lot in the forces because it is quiet).

Pedometers are probably better in a lot of ways since a lot of them actually calculate the distance travelled. However distance travelled can only be calculated if you are using a mean average of pace to distance over varying types of terrain unless you live somewhere totally flat. :wink:

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
The clicky thing I know as a hand tally. A pedometer counts paces for you based on the jolts it receives, invariably working with an average stride length. I've also used the beads approach - whilst the pedometer is nice, it is something else to go wrong...

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
Stationery suppliers matey, I ordered some a while ago so a couple of staff could count audience members going in.

masongary44

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 6, 2004
Leeds, England
If its a simple pedometer you want, PM me your address and i will mail you one. They were giving them away in the local O2 shop when i got my new phone, the guy in the shop gave me a few of them so you are more than welcome.

Its really basic with a blue re-set button and 5 digit counter. Does nothing special except count the number of steps you take :)

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Thanks masongary but the pedomiter, although useful, don't seem to register each step I take... and when i'm travelling up hills I can compensate for the gradient by clicking 2 of three steps to give a good picture. Very generous offer though :You_Rock_

And the rest of you motley lot... I guess I wasn't looking hard enough, the varied number of places you have found them leads me to believe I should be falling over them in the high street... I bet you're all demon treasure hunters!

Thanks guys 'n' gals. :biggthump

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE