cleaning/washing snugpak sleeping bags

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chinook220

Forager
Jan 7, 2010
Warwickshire
Hi guys

How do you keep your sleeping bags smelling fresh after a weekend in the woods, just been on woodland ways bushcraft weekend and my bag stinks of smoke. don't want to wash it too often as it reduces the bags loft/effectiveness.

suggestions please

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Hi guys

How do you keep your sleeping bags smelling fresh after a weekend in the woods, just been on woodland ways bushcraft weekend and my bag stinks of smoke. don't want to wash it too often as it reduces the bags loft/effectiveness.

suggestions please

Synthetic or natural insulation?

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Synthetic bag, will washing it not recure its capability? if not sounds like a great idea

regards chinook

Wasn't suggesting washing it - but if it's synthetic then you can. However to get rid of the smell you could air it on the washing line for a while - but the tumble drier trick will remove any moisture and increase loft.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I quite like my bag smelling of smoke, reminds me of the woods and masks the acrid feet :)

Febreeze sounds like your friend.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE