cleaning pots and pans

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Being a lazy sort of chap, I hate scrubing pans. So I have devised this method of cleaning the tar from pans.

Take one bucket of hot water pour in one bag of soda crystals (69p tesco), stir, drop in pans and leave for 3 days. Pull out, wipe off, wash in clean water, put away. Place lid on bucket and leave until needed again or until wife/girlfriend/partner/cats/rodents complain about 'that bucket'.

Works every time and leaves every thing shinny!

Sandsnakes :)

oops56

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 14, 2005
proctor vt.
Well its like this keep it black they heat up faster.Just take a little off with some leaves.Now all my pots i paint the bottom with BBQ hi temp. paint gets faster boil time.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
My normal advice would be to coat the outside of the pot with washin-up-liquid.
But, seeing as I nearly always forget to do this myself...... I'll look out for some soda crystals.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I tend to clean my stuff after every use so I don't have one big clean up job but lots of very small easy ones.

Hot water and ash from the fire in a greasy pot works a treat by the way... bad for aluminium though.

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
I do clean them off after every session but the area I use has a high dgeree of 'tarry' woods. This also works well for fuel tabs.

Cheers
:)

Sandsnakes

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE