cleaning a therm a rest

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
I've never actually cleaned mine, in all the years I've had it, and no matter how dirty it got, but as has been said - warm soapy water. Probably easiest to do it in the bath / shower (oo-er missus), given the awkwardness of the size... :)

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
I second soap and water - make sure you rinse it off well though.

scoops_uk

Nomad
Feb 6, 2005
Jurassic Coast
Isn't there a law against that sort of thing? Next you'll be suggesting washing your helly! :Crazy_071

I'd suggest doing it on the lawn with a damp cloth rather than getting it in the bath, dunno what effect water would have on the foam core but it would take forever to dry if it got soaked inside!

Scoops

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Just blow it up and close the valve. If it is airtight then it's watertight. clean the outside to your hearts content and let it dry. I wouldn't get the inside wet if I were you.

Bill

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
scoops_uk said:
I was figuring it would rival washing the dog if it was still inflated :wink:

Yep but like you said on the lawn with cloth and blown up should be no problem.

Oh and my dog is quite easy to wash :wink:

Bill

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I was mine outside with a bowl of warm water and then rise off with the garden hose....he hates it but it's quite easy to do as he's so well bahaved!

Ooooowwww, way off topic....laters.... :eek:):

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE