Cleaning a Maxpedition Sitka

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

comeonbabylightmyfire

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 3, 2010
London
It's not dirty but the shoulder strap and back pad stink. It's like that smell you get from synthetic baselayers.

I know not to bung it into a washing machine, but would a lukewarm soak in some mild soapy water followed by a good rinse help reduce the odour? Might something like Febreze help, or would that add to the problem in the longer term?

I have other bags and perhaps I should rotate them more frequently, but this one fits my needs perfectly at the moment and I'm reluctant to change my setup.

What do you all suggest?

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
I would try some Graingers Base Layer Wash in the washing machine. I believe it has something in it that kills bugs which aren't killed at synthetic washing temperatures . Certainly works for my base-layers. I've also heard that Head and Shoulders does the trick as well.

I have the same bag and am expecting the same issue at some point.

comeonbabylightmyfire

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 3, 2010
London
After reading the responses I think a hand wash in some soapy water followed by a good rinse. If it fails then I'll try something else. We shall see.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE