Clarissa Dickson Wright passes.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Have just heard that a hero of mine has passed on, Clarissa Theresa Philomena Aileen Mary Josephine Agnes Elsie Trilby Louise Esmerelda Dickson Wright to give her her full moniker has passed on at the age of 66.

She had a colourful life and was one of those folk who always appeared on my "who would you invite to dinner" games that folk like to play.

Sadly missed both by the Epicurial and hunting communities.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
i liked how she stood up for what she believed in and refused to be silenced or ''politically correct'', i may not be right on this but i heard she tried to publish a book about cooking game based on her telly programes but the BBC refused to publish it (catering for the antis) so she publshed it anyway with another publisher, anyone know if that's true. Her like will not be allowed to grace the TV anymore and we are poorer for it.

Haggis

Nomad
All I knew of her and Jennifer Paterson was their cooking show, "Two Fat Ladies". I never missed an episode, and have seen most of them several times. Simply put, they were interesting people, and in a world generally at a loss for interesting people.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I once attended a Game Conservancy dinner where she was the guest of honour. When it came to her time to make a speech she wasn't slow to berate the dinner venue for poor service and presentation of the food! (deservedly so!). A very spirited and forthright lady. We need more of her kind.

Dave

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
The world will be a poorer place for her passing - a great character full of life and passion - I will miss her :(

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Very young age to go. I enjoyed 'The Two Fat Ladies' and later there was a series about country crafts and skills, I cannot recall the title but I enjoyed that too.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
The two fat ladies was one of the only program's I would switch the telly on to watch them and Kieth Floyd all reunited feast in heaven tonight,I for one will miss her.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Clarissa Dickson-Wright was a regular visitor to Holker Hall near Cartmel and came into my Bakery in Kendal a few times.
Also met her at Lowther Horse Driving Trials and Holker Garden Festival in the food hall.
She was always most charming to talk with and had an encyclopaedic knowledge of food and how to shoot it!
She would have been great company at the campfire.I am very pleased to have met her: she was truly a one-off.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Aye, i liked her.
Only managed a wave from her and Johnny in the passing at Caerlaverock when they were filming 'Clarrisa and the countryman'.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE