Church Farm, Ardeley, Stevenage 3rd-6th October 250x Preppers/Bushcrafters Weekend

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Hmm, £10 per night plus £10 to have an open fire plus you can't bring meat onto the site for 'bio-security' reasons! Is it April 1st already?

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Hmm, £10 per night plus £10 to have an open fire plus you can't bring meat onto the site for 'bio-security' reasons! Is it April 1st already?

It seems very reasonable in comparison to the Wilderness Gathering or Bushmoot etc. The Farm is a business after all and providing a venue/facilities for no small gathering of people. The Farm's normal rate is £7.50/adult/night. The impact of 250 in a wood can be significant just in clean up. Many land owners wouldn't want 250 campers in their wood regardless.

Fire wood isn't cheap and needs to be paid for. A charge encourages communal fires rather than being wasteful and building them everywhere. It seems a fair way to manage things, people can chip in a pound each to pay for a good sized communal fire. That said the charge for a fire doesn't apply to this meet, firewood is included.

The Biosecurity thing seems a little OTT but then the house rules are the house rules. Can't say I begrudge buying a cool fresh organic burger from the shop. Nobody is going to frisk attendees if they bring a pack of Bambi burgers or something anyway!

Good on Funky and Roach for organising it, I hope they cover their costs and then a bit. I can see it being good fun and educational.

Last edited:

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Once numbers get high the farm has to supply first aid cover hence the extra £2.50, while firewood does indeed grow on trees somebody actually owns the trees and deserves payment for the resource.
On the meat point, Funky has already said be sensible and don't advertise what you bring ie turning up with a hog to roast won't make you popular with the farm.:lmao:
Neither Funky or Roach are seeking to make money off the meet up, just as they did not on the previous one. (despite rumours set about by the troll, who has been named and shamed :buttkick:)

Unfortunately I can not go along but would if I could.
Rob.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
HEADS UP

I can bring GB stuff with me to save on postage, just let me know. I'm inclined to bring some of the 30L barrels as I can probably get 16+ in the car. My mate would probably let me have some more bargain Goretex Bivi Bags, MTP GSR bags, etc. I've also got some of the Sawyer Minis, Wild Woodgas style stoves etc. If it will squeeze into a barrel then I can probably bring it!

Fretyenot

Jun 22, 2014
Sheffield
Mesquite it will be a pleasure. My pitch will be marked by the guy who doesn't have a clue how to put up a lavvu. 😱

I'll make sure I'll bring some supplies over.

Oct 12, 2013
Shropshire
Yep, I'm going. I'm pretty new to this forum, but it will be nice to meet up with like minded individuals. I SHOULD be under an MTP tarp, so that narrows it down a bit!!??!:lmao:

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Yep, I'm going. I'm pretty new to this forum, but it will be nice to meet up with like minded individuals. I SHOULD be under an MTP tarp, so that narrows it down a bit!!??!

Would you like me to bring an MTP GSR bag from the group buy to go with it? ;) I'm the big guy with the black 5.11 cap aka Phil aka Chef

Fretyenot

Jun 22, 2014
Sheffield
Yep, I'm going. I'm pretty new to this forum, but it will be nice to meet up with like minded individuals. I SHOULD be under an MTP tarp, so that narrows it down a bit!!??!:lmao:<br/>

That will make at least two of us, though I suspect there may be a few more. Look forward to meeting you.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Yep, I'm going. I'm pretty new to this forum, but it will be nice to meet up with like minded individuals. I SHOULD be under an MTP tarp, so that narrows it down a bit!!??!:lmao:

I wonder where the NC will be situated Steve. I'll bring a table and bits just in case. ;)

That will make at least two of us, though I suspect there may be a few more. Look forward to meeting you.

Tell you what, with the numbers from the forum that seem to be planning on coming, I'll bring my big communal tarp so we can have somewhere to gather and have a chinwag. Looking at the forecast for Saturday it might well be handy :)

As I said, my pitch will be marked with a Texas flag :cool:

Fretyenot

Jun 22, 2014
Sheffield
Originally Posted by Breconboy<br />
<br />
<br />
Originally Posted by Midnitehound<br />
I wonder where the NC will be situated Steve. I'll bring a table and bits just in case. ;)
<br />
<br />
Originally Posted by Fretyenot<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Tell you what, with the numbers from the forum that seem to be planning on coming, I'll bring my big communal tarp so we can have somewhere to gather and have a chinwag. Looking at the forecast for Saturday it might well be handy :)<br />
<br />
As I said, my pitch will be marked with a Texas flag :cool:<br/>

Awesome. Can't wait. If there's anything I can bring that may help out. Wasn't going to bring my twin hob bass cooker but could. (keeps the kettles boiling for the wet weather). Not sure how much gas is left but ill take it none the less.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE