Christmas - What is on your wish list?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
The title says it all really.
My kids have been pestering me for my Christmas list and I have to admit I don't have one. I have a lusting for a Karrimor Sabre 60-100, although as I want to get away abroad next year, something less military might lead me to an Osprey Aether, but as I don't want the kids spending silly money on me, I am stumped for ideas and thought I'd ask what others are hoping for.
It would be nice if it could be kept bushcrafty and outdoorsy, as my "adult" wish list is already more than adequate. :rolleyes:

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
The title says it all really.
My kids have been pestering me for my Christmas list and I have to admit I don't have one. I have a lusting for a Karrimor Sabre 60-100, although as I want to get away abroad next year, something less military might lead me to an Osprey Aether, but as I don't want the kids spending silly money on me, I am stumped for ideas and thought I'd ask what others are hoping for.
It would be nice if it could be kept bushcrafty and outdoorsy, as my "adult" wish list is already more than adequate. :rolleyes:
a bridgeport mill;)

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Not much that is bushy. I sort of have everything that I want that is within a realistic budget already. I'm not someone who gathers kit for the sake of it, even if I like it when I see it.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I've been put on a very short notice waiting list for my long-awaited and much needed knee replacement operation, with a reasonable chance that it may be done and dusted by christmas, so the best present I could have is to be sat somewhere on christmas eve with a nice drink and a successful outcome.

Oh, and if you think that's not a "bushcraft" wish, how do you get to the woods with a leg that doesn't work? :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I would like Santa to get me a nice new ceramic knee and a good surgeon to fit it

Be careful out there!
A friend of mine is just setting about getting compensation for spending 11 years in pain from a replacement right knee - that they put in his left leg!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I knew I shouldn't have wasted my time.......:rolleyes: ;)

Okay - a MEC 600 Jr then :)

MecPress.jpg

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Be careful out there!
A friend of mine is just setting about getting compensation for spending 11 years in pain from a replacement right knee - that they put in his left leg!

So are you saying I should write fix this one above the knee with a big arrow pointing at it ,just to be safe ........... John ,now you have me thinking ,I go to see my surgeon on Monday with one more question to ask him :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
How about if you're going abroad, and you could use it here too, one of the maxpedition or backpal shoulder bag things ? They look enough like camera bags to not be 'effeminate', but are very practical too.

M

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
The only item of my bushy wish list is an etswing axe. Although I've not asked for one, I'm sure I'll aquire on sooner or later. Wifey don't like buying me stuff that's sharp or shooty.. So I often get to pick odd things to add to my 'collection'.

I'm a fan of plaid/check shirts though, so maybe I'll have a poke around and see if there are any nice old wool ones to ram into a stocking!

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
How about if you're going abroad, and you could use it here too, one of the maxpedition or backpal shoulder bag things ? They look enough like camera bags to not be 'effeminate', but are very practical too.

M

I've grown out of the MaxP and 5.11 stuff Mary. I think something like the Frost River Geologist or some other canvas and leather job is more becoming at my age, but not something I'd expect the kids to cough up for.
I was more interested in what others had on their lists.
As someone with two knackered knees that need replacing in the near future according to my orthopod, I can only offer my best wishes to those about to get it done.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
A couple of bottles of nice Port would do for me and a new hat for the cold evenings.
I don't ask for much.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE