Christmas Lights!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JoshG

Nomad
Sep 23, 2005
Stockton-on-tees, England.
There used to be a house near me that was nationally famous for it's ludicrous amounts of decorations, people used to drive down his road simply to look at the ludicrous amounts of lights and decorations. But they've stopped it this year, probably to give their neighbours a break. Shame though, because they raised money for charity :)

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
Am I the only one who now sings 'The Twelve Weeks of Christmas'?

Not even december and the trees, lights and elves are out in force down this way
I understand the shops doing it (the true spirit of christmas ...... profit )
But why normal households?
What will the kids have to look forward too?
Wasn't dressing the tree a couple of days before the cue to start getting really excited?

Bah, humbug

JoshG

Nomad
Sep 23, 2005
Stockton-on-tees, England.
2blackcat said:
Am I the only one who now sings 'The Twelve Weeks of Christmas'?

Not even december and the trees, lights and elves are out in force down this way
I understand the shops doing it (the true spirit of christmas ...... profit )
But why normal households?
What will the kids have to look forward too?
Wasn't dressing the tree a couple of days before the cue to start getting really excited?

Bah, humbug
Hehehe, yep. I think the 12 days before and 12 days after is the best way to go as far as trees and decor go. :)

xmasburnhamxmas1.jpg

Very tastefull :beerchug: :lmao:

You'll recieve a juicey bill in january thats for sure :lmao:

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
It wouldn't surprise me at all if it was. It looks quite mild compared to the "grotto" on North Road in Cardiff every year...

Povarian

Forager
May 24, 2005
High Wycombe, Bucks
JoshG said:
There used to be a house near me that was nationally famous for it's ludicrous amounts of decorations, people used to drive down his road simply to look at the ludicrous amounts of lights and decorations. But they've stopped it this year, probably to give their neighbours a break. Shame though, because they raised money for charity :)
If it's the one I read about in the papers last year, then they recokoned that the amount raised for charity was less than the electric bill - would've been better to simply donate to charity.

Can I have my "Humbug" badge too?

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
I have just been working next door to a full sized talking and singing Santa. By the end of the day I was about ready to stick it through their living room window ...............Jon

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
is it just me, or does anyone else think those light displays are a huge waste of electricity?
think of the enviromental damage being caused by producing the extra electricity required to run all those xmas lights.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE