Christmas book list!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
As it's coming round to that time of year where I need to think of things to ask for, I've got to thinking of books and looking around.

Any reviews on these? Worth getting or not quite hit the mark?

Out on the Land - Ray Mears & Lars Falt
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Land-B...472924983/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Deep Survival - Laurence Gonzales
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Deep-Survi...s=Deep+Survival;+Who+Lives,+Who+Dies,+and+Why

98.6 Degress - Cody Lundin
https://www.amazon.co.uk/98-6-Degre...8&qid=1480456418&sr=8-1&keywords=98.6+degrees

Any other suggestions that you would really recommend as a good read?

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I really enjoyed Deep Survival I found it informative and easy to read. Certainly deserves a place on my book shelf.

98.6 Degrees has just good information within and the drawings are cute. Its pretty much a rewrite of many survival books that have gone before written in Cody's style. it makes the information simple and accessible.

I don't yet own the Ray Mears Book.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
None of the books are any damn good unless you fool with the recipes in your kitchen.
Then, those are things that you can bring off without a hitch at the camp.
Makes you look like an ace.
1. You have to have a fool-proof bready thing that you can alter with cinnamon & raisins, whatever.
The dry ingredients get made up in a bag = add water and stir. Since it's been done for 6000-10000 yrs, no whining.
2, You have to have eggs done whatever way anybody wants (you pack pill bottles of herbs.)
3. You have to have 2 or 3 meaty things (herbs in pill bottles).

Books? I've got 6 or 8 that deal with game cooking, most are long on the meat and short on a meal.
Actually, they are all in my kitchen bookshelf. Most of the hoity-toity volumes are long gone into the library.
Ted Nugent = KIll It & Grill It. Hassenpfeffer by Glock is a chapter well worth reading.

Bready stuff: Richard Bertinet's volume = Dough, is about as good as that gets.
Second hand, Wayne Gisslen's Professional Baking is a text no kitchen should be without. Not ever.
McGee: On Kitchen & Cooking, is an expensive and comprehensive reference from electon microscopy back to recipes from Julius Caesar.

I do mostly game cooking (bison, venison, elk, moose, grouse, etc). I don't bother with domestic meats very much at all = I don't need to.
Most of my vegetables are local, some certified organic.

I'm convinced that I need to mess with these things in the kitchen, first.
Then, I can trim down the kit to do this under a tarp in pouring rain.
It's a head-game = I'll stir up a feed that cuts off the drain of wet snow in no time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE