Christian Nock Around Britain - Coastline Walk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Christian Nock Around Britain - Coastline Walk To highlight the plight of homelessness of ex-soldiers.

4249975.jpg

Life throws up some surprises now and then. Yesterday While my dad was out walking the dog he got chatting to a lad who was walking with a fully loaded PLCE shortback infantry Bergen.

I was working on my bike replacing the front engine mounts when they turned up. I honestly didn't know what to make of this guy at first but could appreciate how heavy that bergan looked and the weather conditions at the time = respect.

While having a much needed break, We all got talking and Christian explained what he was doing and what he told us was truly mind blowing.

Long story short Christian is walking the entire coastline of the UK Unsupported, without shortcuts, estimated to be around 11,000 miles with just what he can carry on his back and sleeping rough every night using that kit.

There is a "help for heroes" website which I will post links at the bottom.

We had a couple of brews and Chris offered to give us a hand with the bike.

I needed the bike upright and gave him the job of sitting on the bike. about 2 hours later (probably the longest time anyone has sat on a Harley Davidson with out the engine running) and after struggling like **** with the right hand side mount, We got the new one in and decided that was enough for the day.

We had a meal and a good chat about reasons why Chris is doing this monumental task after that it was getting a bit late so we offered him the summer house for the night and he accepted.

This morning, After a few pics for the record, he set off for the next stint in his walk in some real nasty weather hoping to meet up with an old buddy.

It's sad that Chris is having to go to these lengths to get his cause recognised, create much needed awareness for homeless people and get something done about the support for Service personnel once they re-join civilian life.

Tools needed for the job

1 X Mk1 British Army Infantry Soldier, a Target and some time.

(Gents and Gentesses! This guy is getting all the support he needs (when He asks for it) in terms of Kit, Food and Advice, He really has seen it all, done it all and Designed the T shirts. So please appreciate he needs to be getting on with the job).

He has got the hobo lifestyle down to a fine art and everything he carries serves a purpose. The simplicity of his kit is outstanding and he really has got it sorted after 239 days on the trail through just about every weather condition except warm and sunny.

The pack weighs roughly 66 lbs without water and if you have ever walked a fair distance you will know that the Issue short back Bergen without webbing to assist reducing weight on the shoulders, is not a comfortable place but I can see his reasoning for using it.

Anyway I have nothing but respect for what Christian is doing and I really hope that he gets round in good health and achieves his ultimate goal.

http://www.christianaroundbritain.co.uk/

http://www.bmycharity.com/ChristianNock

https://www.facebook.com/#!/christian.britain.3?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/#!/Christia...rtPage?fref=ts

Last edited:

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
I've been following this guy for a while now and have nothing but admiration for him and his motivation.
His growing celebrity will be a double edged sword I think and he needs to be careful to avoid it becoming a pub crawl and groupie fest as he gathers fans.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Exactly right Mate, the poor bloke just isn't being left alone with the bandwagon getting heavier everyday.

He is a genuine Lad with a real purpose and he absolutely will not quit.

When I really sit and think about what is being undertaken here, it is quite incredible and Just awe inspiring in my opinion.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE