chinese sweets!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ecobandit

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2007
northumberland
the missus has just come in from work and given me a couple of "sweets" that one of the engineersfrom china has put out for everyone,along with a couple of bowls of nuts and seeds the "sweets" are approx 10mm x 10mm and when first put in mouth could be turkish delightish flavour then it turns to a sweet almost sickly taste then spicy and then it hits home --spicy(hot) dried meat!,in my defence I was not allowed to see what was inside but they looked quite cute in their gold wrappers(blind taste test) was tempted to eject but carried on until the very end !,tommorow I am going to try to find out what the h*ll they are and where I CAN GET SOME MORE.:drive: be ideal for those trips out onto the cold barren hills:lmao:

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Do you really want to find out what it was?

Its Chinese, it could literally be anything, freeze drying goat spleen or something :D

mortalmerlin

Forager
Aug 6, 2008
Belgium (ex-pat)
the missus has just come in from work and given me a couple of "sweets" that one of the engineersfrom china ... they looked quite cute in their gold wrappers

Reminds me of the time I got in trouble for stuffing my pockets with what I thought were gold wrapped sweets on free issue. Turned out to be condoms. Took some explaining :D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Had a variety of sweets from China this week (we are doing a lot of work out there right now)...a bag covers...as many people as there are sweets (no-one wants another). Really, really odd flavours (to my tastebuds anyway). I suspect they would probably think a box of black magic was bizarre too though <shrugs>

Red

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Theres a Chinese minimarket fairly close to my house, been in a few times and tried some of their "sweets"...

There were Hawthorn sweets which tasted a bit like plum jam and a whole load of other weird stuff, nice to try but doubt I would bother again.

Often not very sweet either.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE