Chinese Fivefingers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
So got these in the mail today:
6032732764_fcbf0a0f7d_z.jpg

Don't really know what to expect long term. But at $33.40, how could you go wrong? Seems quite well made and are a delight on my feet. Will go for a short run tomorrow morning and use them on some beach walking/food collecting in the weekend. Right now they feel great. Soles a bit thicker and more pronounced than vibrams offerings, that's the only caveat I can think of.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
My buddy has the originals, his pair is a few weeks older than mine, so there'll be a fair comparison in a few months. I'm heavier than him tho, and that always makes a difference in footwear IMHE.

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
At $33 a pair if they last half as long you are still quids in lol. I have the kangaroo leather kso's and i love wearing mine. Have had to get sock though as recently i got blisters in them.....granted it was 30 degrees plus with 40/50 percent humidity...

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've fancied these for ages, but I blister with every single pair of shoes I put on, so I kind of grudged spending a lot for a pair that I might not be able to wear at all.
At that price though ......:D

cheers,
Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:D

They don't have any that will fit me :sigh: I need a 33/34.
However, they do have a 43 and HWMBLT is ordering a pair for himself :)

cheers,
Toddy

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Cheers for the heads up

Been thinking about the vibrams as a camp shoe for a while so I might take a punt on these on pay day

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I've fancied these for ages, but I blister with every single pair of shoes I put on, so I kind of grudged spending a lot for a pair that I might not be able to wear at all.
At that price though ......:D

cheers,
Toddy

You can get toe socks that solve blister problems. I have some and they work well.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I have no problem with fake vibrams. As the owner of a genuine pair I'll be very interested in how you get on with them too.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
i thought about some of these but wasnae too keen on supporting fake vibrams...interested tae see how you get on with them though!

It would only be fake vibrams if it said vibram on them. It doesn't, it says SKY. The soles are different too. I can't see how vibram would have monopoly on the concept 'toe shoes' really. Inov-8 also does their variant.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm only 5'2" tall so having size 3 or 4 for shoes is pretty normal.
You're right though, I wear kids hiking boots usually.

Toe socks from earlier years really put me off them. Have they improved ?

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE