Chilly Bimble - loadsa pics

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Hugo, Rockmonkey and myself enjoyed a bimble round the South Downs today, had a grand old time, albeit a bit chilly at times in the northerly wind.

starting out, it can be a bit bleak on the hills at this time of year

DSCN2782.jpg

still a bit snow on the hill tops and sheltered spots

DSCN2783.jpg

DSCN2784.jpg

bit further round the hill

DSCN2787.jpg

sheet ice on the path = one way trip to a broken leg

DSCN2789.jpg

Looking over to where we are headed

DSCN2790.jpg

DSCN2791.jpg

Hugo (R) & Rockmonkey (L) headed towards the big hill in the distance

DSCN2794.jpg

Past the frozen Dew pond

DSCN2796.jpg

some of the other locals

DSCN2799.jpg

snow still to be found in the sheltered spots

DSCN2804.jpg

looking North

DSCN2807.jpg

yep, it's a bit bleak round here in the winter, it stills holds a certain magic though

DSCN2812.jpg

Lunch spot, fresh cooked bacon butties for Hugo & I, fresh cooked gloves for Rockmonkey (sorry mate, couldnt resist;))

DSCN2813.jpg

Lunch eaten and hot drinks downed, time to carry on

DSCN2815.jpg

where we have come from , this area is known as Bunny Land and for good reason

DSCN2816.jpg

Hugo & Rockmonkey

DSCN2817.jpg

general view over the land

DSCN2818.jpg

looking back to thge area where we had lunch

DSCN2820.jpg

Anyone got a sledge, that path looks fun, well until you get to the sudden stop at the bottom:)

DSCN2821.jpg

From here we basically rejoined the outbound route and headed back towards the start point for the bimble.

So thanks for the company chaps, had a great day and a lot of laughs

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Thanks for a great bimble you two!
Have tried to resuscitate the glove, I am in the process of stitching leather to it, to see if i can bring it back to life!
Great company, Great laugh's, Great frigging blister.......... Damn cooker :stretcher:
Hope to do it again soon.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
What pack is that, Rockmonkey? Looking forward to joining you one day, although pretty slow at the moment as have to stop every two paces to stop new dog pulling :)

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Sharing times like these with friends makes them even more memorable!

Great trip, but a bit too open country for me...

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Hi spandit, Karrimor sabre delta 35. Fri**ng love this pack.
Hope you can join in soon, Today was my first day out without my Border terrier (just under 2 years old), she wanted to stay at home under the cushion on the sofa!:(

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Another Sabre, eh? I recall being very envious of Kepis' one at the Sussex meet last year. We've just rescued a springer puppy - she's a year old and has virtually no training/discipline. Quick learner though and I suspect she'll show my "trained" cocker up before too long...

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Sharing times like these with friends makes them even more memorable!

Great trip, but a bit too open country for me...

Cheers Ron, thing is, if we had headed North for one mile and not turned left as we did today, we would would have ended up in these woods

DSCN2027.jpg

Thats the best thing about around here, so many different environments to go play in, if i head a few miles west im in pine woodland, go one mile south im on the shingle beach, go a few miles west again, and im sand dunes

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I recognise some of those paths from when I used to live in Steyning. Nice area for a walk or mountainbike. Looks like you had fun & it would be good to join you on a walk sometime, as I am not too far away.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Always welcome Neumo, you free in the week as that's when we tend to go for a wander as there are less people around?

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
you free in the week as that's when we tend to go for a wander as there are less people around

Unfortunatly I am busy all week these days but you never know I may be able to slip one in some time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE