Chill out on Lomond

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm just back from a few days out with the usual suspects, we didn't get up to much but it was good to be back out in the boats again. As always, lots of pics of not a lot ...

Getting the car loaded up Thursday morning I came out of the house to find a fox in the boot, obviously after the dry bag full of meat :)

After a day at work I met Josh at Aldochlay

Apparently it was September Weekend in Glasgow so the neds were going to be out in force, we chose a quiet little corner and got settled

Thursday night we had a small fire on the beach, we just sat with a couple of beeers and caught up. It rained a lot in the night and Friday dawned with thick fog and plenty of mizzle.

Bruce ready for a new home

I was trying out a couple of new quilts but they never got a good test as it was so mild

View from the hammock

All handmade

Om nom nom

Camp mascot and mobile waste disposal

A spoon is born

I did a lap around the island in the mill pond like conditions, picking up some old fire dogs on the way round

Colours just starting to change on the trees

On Saturday the sun even made an appearance

Josh away for a paddle

The path leads to ..

.. camp

Can anybody ID this little fella, a castaway in Stephens boat until we plonked him on this tree

Just about packed up

See ya next time Bruce

Last edited:

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Cool trip. Thanks for sharing. Foxes are abundant here too but they're so illusive. I've only seen 2 in my entire life.

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
I like the look of the green canoe. What make is it? Would it be big enough for me the missus and a 6 year old?

Just asking as the missus saw your pics and instantly said she would love to have a go at that in the spring. We have owned boats with motors but never been out in a canoe and it looks like fun.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Thanks folks, glad you enjoyed the pics, that was one of the most relaxing trips I've had for a long while

I like the look of the green canoe. What make is it? Would it be big enough for me the missus and a 6 year old?

Just asking as the missus saw your pics and instantly said she would love to have a go at that in the spring. We have owned boats with motors but never been out in a canoe and it looks like fun.

The green one is my Nova Craft Bob Special, it's really designed for solo tripping or light tandem day trips, I think with three plus gear you'd be pushing it a bit. They have some lovely boats in their range but the Bob is the only one I've paddled. They do a nice prospector which might suit you better.

Great pics Shewie. Looks like a fabulous trip, and ned free too :)

The spider is a female common garden spider.

Thanks mate, I was hoping you'd see it

Very nice. Is that a true north rucksack I spy there. Like that bow too.

Well spotted Dave, 'tis indeed the Zero 1, great pack

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Another nice trip, cheers again guys. :)

We may have giggled but it did look cosy.

LLOM_SEPT_01.jpg

Rich wisely putting some distance between himself and the archery target.

LLOM_SEPT_02.jpg

Best seat in the house.

LLOM_SEPT_03.jpg

The mascot chasing skimmers.

LLOM_SEPT_04.jpg

Near nine miles the "wee paddle" on saturday turned into. Set off for a quick round the block and ended up island hopping the day away. :)
From just off Bucinch...
(click for a bigger pic)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE