Cheshire Bushcrafting Forest?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 28, 2009
cheshire
Hi Everyone.
I'm Andy and I'm from south-Cheshire and have been a backgarden-bushcrafter for a while now but fancy get out into the woods for some better experience.
Anyway I thought this would be the best place to find-out if their were any woods with open minded land-owners! I would be fine with travelling to Staffordshire, North Wales, West Derbyshire And obviously Cheshire :D
Thanks for reading and any help would be really appreciated.
Andy

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Hi andy, i'm in the far north of cheshire and its pretty baron when it comes to forests here, there are some odd spots around though so keep an eye out, don't forget to introduce yourself in the intro & welcomes section, you'll probably find others near you too ;)
welcome to the site.

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
Ayoop, I'm in south Cheshire, Crewe. I nomally head over to the Bickerton area and keep my head down.

There are some pretty good woods north of Oulton Park that people generally seem to use as a playground or you could try Cannock Chase.

Last edited:

peasantchurl

Banned
Jun 11, 2009
get down to Delamere Forest, if the forestry commission give you any problems or harrass you tell them you know me, they had a notice up in their HQ stating to their staff not to approach me under any circumstances, it's my local woods so if you wanna meet up let me know

crowman

Forager
Oct 27, 2009
derbyshire
hi andy im from new mills derbyshire on the border of cheshire and camp in a few places in the south cheshire region . where are you from ?

peasantchurl

Banned
Jun 11, 2009
long story......but imagine a cross between worzel gummidge, the lone ranger and robin hood bouncing around the forest dressing up in FC uniform for fun

hogstable

Forager
Nov 18, 2004
sheffield
Ahhh Delamere where it all started, now having shifted to Sheffield I use Sherwood, funny as I used to read about Robin Hood all the time as a kid. I would seriously recommend a trip to Sherwood as it has lots of 'proper forest' , apart from the coniferous parts, grrrr.

Well worth a few hours jaunt and there are lots of people who dress up as Robin Hood on occaision. The visitor centre is good as well giving a good intro as to what the indigenous woods were like.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE