Cherry tree?

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
I'm pretty sure this is a cherry tree in the carpark behind my house but I just wanted confirmation before I go scrumping and possibly poison myself. :D

Here are a few pictures:

dsc01209ve3.jpg

dsc01211ha5.jpg

dsc01212sp7.jpg

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
yes its cherry.

Looks to have a nice amount of fruit on it too! All the ones ive seen in the last week or so look bare, or very under-developed fruits on it. :(

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
Certainly looks like a Cherry Tree to me. The only thing that may concern me is the location, being on a carpark the Cherries may be coated / or have absorbed (not sure whether Cherries do or not) pollution from the vehicle exhausts. I always try to pick fruit away from traffic when possible.

ATB....Stu

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Certainly looks like a Cherry Tree to me. The only thing that may concern me is the location, being on a carpark the Cherries may be coated / or have absorbed (not sure whether Cherries do or not) pollution from the vehicle exhausts. I always try to pick fruit away from traffic when possible.

ATB....Stu

Stu,

He lives in London, I think everything around there has absorbed a fair bit of pollution :D :lmao:

Know what you mean though. Tastes much better from the countryside :)

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
Stu,

He lives in London, I think everything around there has absorbed a fair bit of pollution :D :lmao:

Know what you mean though. Tastes much better from the countryside :)

:) LOL true. Just one point to note though Zammo, if one tastes a little bitter, don't let that deter you. On occassion some cherries are bitter, others sweet, and all come from the same tree. Happy picking....ATB....Stu

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
I stuck to the very dark red ones. The pips were a bit large in them so you didn't actually get that much fruit from one, but other than that they tasted lovely.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE