Chequers up for grabs

Mang

Settler
DSC02252.jpg

It’s been a good year for Chequers! I’m offering the first six people to PM me a bunch of them to try.

I’ve posted this at tea time to give folk a fair crack and I’ll post the first six on here in due course. Those six will need to send me a suitable SAE (remember that they are ripe and up to about the size of an average Rosehip.

They are the fruit of the Wild Service Tree and remember, the seeds mustn’t be consumed, full of cyanide you know!

Mang

Settler
Blimey, only two takers?! I thought Chequers were a bit hard to get so that's why I picked bunches of the things...four more lots up for grabs if anyone's interested...

I'm sending some to my folks so I'll post a pic on here in due course of what I posted them in.

Mang

Settler
Four now gone (subject to sae) to man_of_tanith, Matt.S, Tim_N & EdS. Two lots left if anyone is interested...

I've just posted some to my folks and returned some favours using Size 0 Jiffy bags (bag size approx 20cm x 15cm) and small cardboard boxes with tape wrapped round which will hopefully work. You guys can use any envelope you like but you'll probably end up with puree unless it's a least a bit padded! You will need a large letter stamp as it will be over 5mm but will go through the 25mm slot at the Post office.

DSC02257.jpg

Last edited:

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
doesn't matter too much if they're pureed. I'll try them but I really want the seeds - so hopefully it's one of several that you've found. Lets hope it's been hot enough for non-sterile seeds!

I assume (this is a bit naughty) that there aren't any sucklings around the base of the tree? I'd like to propogate them as we've got ideal soil here... Lots of chequers pubs but none of the trees it seems :(

Posted! Should receive tomorrow or the next day!

Last edited:

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Received yesterday thanks mang. Very bitter and quite grainy - can see why they'd have used them in beer!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE