Check out the size of my berries :)

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Planted a loganberry a couple of years ago and after a bit of struggling, it's gone mad and spread all over the fence it was designed to cover. Our wet winter and recent sun have made for a bumper crop - having dogs and toddler in garden means the birds haven't been at them either

th_6da944608285aeec27938dcae75ed7b3.jpg

Judging by the way the apple tree is starting to look think we'll have a bumper crop there too!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Mine's looking very similarly sized :)
I love the fruit but those jaggy stems are a nightmare to prune and keep in order :sigh:

Makes lovely jelly and wine.

cheers,
M

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Same here :) Were getting big ones, pretty much everything is producing a good crop. Logun and tayberries, Rasps, strawberries, figs, apples, even the kiwi is doing well. Just had a bumper crop of currants aswell.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I love the fruit but those jaggy stems are a nightmare to prune and keep in order :sigh:

No thorns/prickles on mine - it's completely harmless! Hoping to train it up my willow arch and down the other side - think it will re-root where it touches the ground.

My living willow fedge, on the other hand, has died :(

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
How (or where) did you get a thornless loganberry ?? Mine even has thorns on the backs of the leaves :sigh: I wasn't joking about it being a nightmare.

atb,
M

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Talking of berries, we've just started picking Wimberries down here, they're not any bigger than usual but the crop is huge - and there's no better tasting berry on earth for my money!..............atb mac

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Our loganberry is thornless too. Our Tayberry is lots of thorns though. Are you sure you have Logans and not Tays? The Tays are the nicer fruit. :)

How (or where) did you get a thornless loganberry ?? Mine even has thorns on the backs of the leaves :sigh: I wasn't joking about it being a nightmare.

atb,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE