Cheap Zebra Billies

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

thedude

Mar 2, 2005
Exeter / IOW UK
My 12cm just arrived.

This is the best bit of kit I have ever bought, and cheap as chips thanks to evil-bay.

Time to save for a 16cm one now I think, and maybe one for the back of the car and one for.........

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
British Red said:
Top Tip here.

I was outbid on two billys (only bid the starting price), BUT I was given a second chance offer by cookshop on them at the opening price - bargain!

Red

This is deffo a top tip

Put a bid of £5.50 on a 14cm tea pot and was out bid

After auction had finished they offered me another for £5.50 + £2.50 postage

So it cost £8.00 and they outdid themselves on the postage as it cost £3.27

Rep Point for you Red :D

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
Hellz said:
I imagine what Jack means is that if this is the company that imports the billy cans they are at an unfair advantage to regular retailers who have to include a mark up. It is a bit naughty if that's the case...

and I got outbid :rolleyes:

:D

Hellz

Thanks Hellz.

That was my point. In the world of business, this sort of behaviour is very much frowned upon...you can't run with the fox and hunt with hounds.

Many professional companies would not dream of selling on Ebay as it is seen by the industry as having the elements of a 'market trader', roll up roll up, lets having yer!

Ebay, is a wonderful tool and one that I use but I don't know many companies that would risk their reputation by doing this. Ebay is a place where you get cheap bargins and your business will be viewed in the same light.

Cheers.

Jack.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
How tall is the 10cm billy can? I'm trying to get an idea of how big it is and if it could also nestle inside my 14cm billy with the top tray inside.

Excellent prices though, a real good find.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Phil562 said:
This is deffo a top tip

Put a bid of £5.50 on a 14cm tea pot and was out bid

After auction had finished they offered me another for £5.50 + £2.50 postage

So it cost £8.00 and they outdid themselves on the postage as it cost £3.27

Rep Point for you Red :D

Oddly enough this happened to me as well after I had bid on a stacking set.

Scuba Pete

Forager
Nov 3, 2005
Glasgow
I just got one, thanks for the info.

I have never seen a zebra billy before, I am very impressed. I am guessing you just remove the inner dish and use it as a bowl?

Also mine has plastic clips which I imagine I will have to remove if I want to use it on an open fire.

Pete

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE