cheap yet tasty idot proof paninni's perhaps?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gandelff99

Jan 29, 2011
southport
sorry for the lack of photo i forgot and the afor mentioned item didnt last long enough before being devoured but
this little treat is great,versatile(meaning you can load it with whatever you want to suit them more selective of palettes) and is cheap and easy to make and cook...intrigued and apols if its already been thought of bought

take a pitta bread,slice it open,layer the inside with sliced smoke sausauge,cheese and black pudding( whatever you want really)
wrap it in kitchen foil a couple of times and when you camp fire is down to the coals and hungary tummies come a rumbling, bang them on the coals for 2 mins a side(less for really hot coals)and voila,open it up for a taste treat sensation.they can be kept freshish in the rucksack for a day or so and if you freeze them first and let them thaw you may get away with a little longer but the concept is simple and easy to prepare.
so far i have had these on the last months worth of hangs,its just great as a little filler to get you buy .
alternatives could use a tortilla wrap and savoury fillings

or oatcakes/sweet pancakes with a sweet pie filling:You_Rock_

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
http://www.warburtons.co.uk/our_world.php (Sandwich Thins) try these kids...like mini paninis...deiicious cold but when toasted are the mutts danglers. slightly smaller than a normal slice of bread, but they are pre sliced (so you get 2 halves per piece) so ver easy to use.
Just bung them in some foil or a toaster bag and bingo.

Cheers
Sack

Asda and Tesco currently have them...don't know about he other stores.

gandelff99

Jan 29, 2011
southport
great idea,will give em a try,
just to further mine though, any left over veg,onions,carrots,potaoes,etc, can be shredded,added with butter and seasoning and also added, even between slightly crusty/stiff old bread , alot of it is old technology with breville maker food...oooh that takes me back but you can make them as wholesome or as fat filling as you like,theres no liquid waste/escape to talk off(unless you use egg..which i suppose could work too..have to give that a try also)

i only mention this as each to there own and everyone has differant concepts of campfire food ,tastes and pockets, but i am, a big fan of b&m's in the uk, seems an ideal place to purchase cheap campside food, as the price of commercial camping food seems really outrageous considering they're having the same food in a foil bag for example(3.99 blacks say no more)
my next wrap for the campfire will be
red and green sliced pepper(whoopsied from the coop of course)
sliced onion,black pepper,lo salt and mint sauce with slices of a single lamb burger/chop/cutlet)
all wrapped in the foil,given the same 2/3minutes on the coals and gosh my mouth is watering now slurrp,though i will film it this time
though to add it depends on how you eat, me i'm a eat once in the evening typ so generally after eats and a few beers i'm away to my hammock,others may vary and want supper afterwards or closer to bedtime ,so the balance of stodge versus stage comes into play

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE