Cheap top quilt...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

garethw

Settler
Hi there
I have one of these but made by Trakker it is a goretex/pile version. It is quilt large and designed to cover a carp fishing bedchair. Mine packs down about the size of a cheap sleeping bag.
Adds lots of extra warmth over a bag in winter, and can be used as a blanket in summer. Its waterproof too.. Good bit of kit I've been using for fishing both in a bedchair and hammock... not however a piece of kit I carry when hiking any distance.

cheers
Gareth

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Exactly what Gareth said, it's basically a waterproof blanket with a thermal layer and fleece inside.

In the photo it's on a bed chair but I tested it in my hammock the other night and it was great. Not for the dead of winter though but from March-October I reckon it'll be great.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Ah ok cheers

It was probably just me being daft , but from the pic couldn't quite make me mind up what I was looking at lol

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It looks very wide, is that an issue in the hammock Joe? It looks like more would end up on the floor than on top of you?

Hard to tell from the piccy though

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I just tucked it in around my edge, didn't double it over or anything. It can't fall out of my Warbonnet hammock so I don't know if it would be prone to do so.

I might get a photo on Sunday.

Though it's good, it isn't as good as my ukhammocks one, so if you're thinking of getting a UK Hammocks one, this is not an alternative. It is more bulky and heavy and not as warm. If you were thinking about sacrificing a cheep sleeping bag to make one though, this one is an option. I purchased it to go over my sleeping bag on a us type camp cot for under a tarp in thick fog a few weeks ago... loads of dew, the underside of my tarp was soaked and dripping and it kept me and my sleeping bag dry and warm.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE