Cheap sharpening stone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Got one of those from B&Q. Decent bit of kit and I much prefer it to my far more expensive DMT one that's only got one side.

Had it for several years now and I lubricate it with water and make sure i rinse and dry it off after use. No bother with it at all.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I've used it both ways. Even the finest grit (600 IIRC) leaves quite a crude finish I find - but its easy enough to finish up with some finer wet and dry. The decent size coarse grades are great for cutting back a dinked blade I find.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Very good for axes those individual diamond hones because you can bend them to hug a convex grind

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Use 'em wet or use 'em dry, to your tast and needs............BUT make sure you dry them thoroughly after use as the abrasive will de-bond if left wet for any length of time :)

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I've used it both ways. Even the finest grit (600 IIRC) leaves quite a crude finish I find - but its easy enough to finish up with some finer wet and dry. The decent size coarse grades are great for cutting back a dinked blade I find.

Works fine on a block plane and pretty much any other joinery tools I've used it on.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE