cheap one person tent review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland

Advertised as but definitely not a 2~3 person tent http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131779799532
it's more like a kid’s play tent.

For added weather proofing over the top an 8 x 6 tarp Supported by some heavy wooden pup tent poles & secured by 10 bungee cords.

With a foot print the size of a standard double airbed, its a one person tent, I'm 5’ 4” & length wise its fine for me with plenty of room for me & my kit.

With the floor being constructed of rip stop nylon, common sense suggests water ingress issues would be inevitable through direct ground contact, so a 6 x 4 tarp on ground prior to pitching, takes care of that

stating the obvious, anything touching the sides is going to get a little damp from condensation.

I spent the night in the tent and it rained heavily with no obvious ingress from the rain,

It was a chilly night just cold enough to see your breath in the air & as soon as the tent was unzipped the difference in temperature was considerably noticeable it was uncomfortably colder outside the tent.
Lay on my airbed & with my highlander z mat for further insulation I was cosy, fully clothed (jeans, vest T-shirt, cotton shirt & a wool cardie) & In my cheap 20 quid from china sleeping bag I was comfortably warm & hadn’t heard the Heavy rain through the night which had left puddles on the table next to my tent, I had slept well until around 4 am when I was rudely awakened by some pesky woodpigeons hooting repeatedly like an alarm clock in a nearby tree. When they finally stopped, I was just nodding off again, at around 6am when I was awakened again, this time by some kids in a neighbouring tent who had been startled by a large wasp in their tent...

So relatively cheep! Reasonably light @1.5kg (not including the tarps poles & bungees) Does the job!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381625276263
For the same price but slightly bigger.

Last edited:

CumbrianLad

Nomad
May 5, 2016
Carlisle
Great description there mate great how you talked through it all and explained the faults and how they can be fixed good job buddy

Sent from my VF-795 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE