cheap duck down

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 11, 2014
thame
Hi there, I just wanted to share where I recently purchased some duck down in the UK as it seems to be a fairly regular question. I found a place called "the cushion warehouse", when I contacted them the guy there said that it is between 700 to 800 fp and is priced at £66 per kilo delivered. I cannot comment on the quality as I know very little about down but it looked pretty good to me and had very few feathers in.

Nov 11, 2014
thame
Yes, I had heard that with some of the "cheap" sources that they didn't treat the birds fairly. When I spoke to the guy I did mention it and his response was that they didn't pluck them repeatedly as they were used for food and not just feathers. The reason they were cheap is because they are predominantly for companies. I pretended to be a start up company otherwise they wouldn't have spoken or sold to me at all.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE