Cheap chinese water filter review (pure easy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Aleks

Feb 17, 2010
Sweden
So i've been looking at these cheap chinese water filters for some time now, wondering if they're anything worth buying or not..but seeing as the pricetag's only at about $30, i decided to get one just for the heck of it.
While at it, i did a little review :eek:
So here it is!

[video=youtube;46KpF-dS52E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46KpF-dS52E[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Aleks

Feb 17, 2010
Sweden
Hi,

did you have an opportunity to test if the filter is actually any good, and not only pumps water through?
Well, to the point if it clears water yes. Tested it with both muddy water and unclear small lakewater, clears it without any trouble...
This ofcoruse, isn't a guarantee that the water is bacterially clean though.

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
To be honest I Wouldnt trust it.. Id rather spend the money on a milbank bag and puritabs!! Items like this - you need to have trust!!!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Bartooon

Nomad
Aug 1, 2007
New Forest
This ofcoruse, isn't a guarantee that the water is bacterially clean though.
That would be my major concern with a cheap foreign filter - clear water doesn't necessarily mean safe water and by the time you know whether or not it does what it is supposed to, it might be too late. The fittings look a bit dodgy to me as well.
Generally, you get what you pay for. I think I would prefer to pay more and get a filter that I know will deliver safe drinking water. You can't really take chances with your health - especially as there are so many really nasty water-borne diseases etc.

jim.b

Maker Plus
Jul 3, 2013
hull
I've used one of these for the last year and a half and had no trouble whatsoever, the only type of water ive not used is salt water. It does need regular cleaning but tbh there's not much to go wrong with them, the flow can be painfully slow though and the filter can clog quickly in heavily soiled water so I tend to use a webtex bottle more now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE